Monday, June 13, 2016

Continuity Update for June 13

Good afternoon everyone,

Today is a day to exercise extra kindness and compassion to yourselves and your coworkers. For that reason, I'm eschewing some of the stuff that often comes to me for the blog ("who spilled the coffee?" and "where do I park?" feel like inconsequential problems to take up today). Instead, some photos and few prosaic nice-to-know moments from around the building.

Grazing
Here's the landscaping plan: 100% of the plants are northeast native; 80% were grown in Vermont, near Starksboro. The plants will be pollinator friendly -- bees and butterflies, unite! -- and edible plants like blueberries and elderberries will grow near the staff patio. (For some reason, my mind goes straight to cocktail recipes.)


Animal sightings
Another groundhog was spotted! We're certain there are at least two groundhogs because because one is "chunky" and this one is described as "small enough to toss like a football." Is it puntable? "No, you'd toss it."  (Also, it apparently runs in the same style as Sam Gale Rosen's cat: front legs forward, back legs forward; front legs forward, back legs forward.) Also, it's rumored the giraffe will be leaving soon to shack up with a different bunch of animals. We'll enjoy our tall friend for however long she sticks around. Also, this spider visited recently.

New around construction
I just got kicked out of the new construction for not wearing hard-toed shoes, but not before I snapped these photos for you:

Music library.

Studio A

Studio B. Also the set of a low-budget construction-themed sci-fi movie.

A new staircase goes from the former newsroom to the spot that held staff mailboxes.

Insulation, windows and drywall give the former membership office a totally new feel.

Studio One. The piano goes inside the closet with the rolling doors. I like to think of the VPR Classical staff riding the piano out of the closet into the studio, like it's a parade float. (I have a feeling they do not like to think of the Steinway baby grand this way.)


2 comments:

  1. Is it catch and release or stomp on for how we handle spiders? Not my favorite creature for sure...yuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will catch and release when I'm available. They don't bother me.

      Delete